Changes being made to the Proedit section in ini file

Osborne

In the past few weeks a shared Windows ini file on the server has twice had changes to the Proedit section, and although the changes have not affected anything I would like to know who or what is causing the changes.

Whatever is happening is changing the settings from:

Code:
[Proedit]
SaveSettings=no
BufList=

to:

Code:
[Proedit]
SaveSettings=yes
BufList=
ExitWarning=yes
SaveBufList=no
MinimizeBeforeRun=no
RestoreAfterRun=yes
PauseAfterRun=yes
AutoCleanup=yes
MostRecentlyUsedFileList=yes
MRUEntries=4
EditorFont=2
AutoSaveCls=no

The ini file is supposed to be used for runtime versions of Progress only and the instance conclusion is that someone with a development version is using for their start-up parameters but I am told that is not the case.

If not being set by running a development version is there any other reason that can cause this change?

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Not that I am a Windows kind of guy but aren't there some statements to LOAD and SAVE INI files? Is it possible that some code is allowing users to save settings somehow and that that is rewriting the INI file?

Osborne

Tom, you are correct about LOAD and SAVE but have been assured no-one is doing that.

Peter, thanks for the link, and trying some things can confirm that the procedure editor can set this if you do not specify a program to run.

If the shortcut is similar to this it does not appear to change the settings or the file:

Code:
C:\Progress\OpenEdge11\bin\prowin32.exe -basekey "INI" -ininame "C:\inifile.ini" -p prog1.r

However, something similar to this will instantly change the file as soon as the procedure editor appears:

Code:
C:\Progress\OpenEdge11\bin\prowin32.exe -basekey "INI" -ininame "C:\inifile.ini"

It is looking likely that someone is running a procedure editor with the ini file as part of the start-up parameters.

Thanks again.