Can't install service pack for Progress 9.1E

Windows Server 2003, Standard x64 Edition, Service Pack 2.

I previously had OpenEdge 10B installed but it wasn't working with the mortgage application. I seeked assistance via the forum and was advised to get a consultant. I spoke to the project manager and I was told to speak to the Progress vendors here. I did that and they recommended installing version 9.1E which currently works with the mortgage application.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
If you go to the Progress section of the start menu there should be a link called Version or Version Info. What does that say?

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Hmmm then in that case I shall leave you in the capable hands of someone else ;) In other words I have no idea :(

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
The start menu option labelled "Config" is what you want to show us the results of.

Remind me again what the problem is?

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
The Service pack seems to be confused.

Do you have various DLC environment variables defined in "My Computer"? If you do you probably want to get of them. Especially if the point to something older than 9.1E. Check the PATH too -- if it points to 9.1D that could also be a problem. And make sure that all services are stopped.

You might also try opening a call with support.

Hi Tom,

there is only one DLC variable and it's pointing to the correct location c:\program files\progress. The only other version previously installed was OpenEdge 10B but that was removed. I will open a call with support.

Regards,
Renee

Hi All,

I figured it out. The service pack installation files (unzipped files) and the zipped service pack file can't be in the same folder. I moved the zipped service pack file to another folder and was able to install the service pack (by running setup.exe from the unzipped files).

Regards,
Renee