Can you use an ini file for a specific Protool?

dayv2005

This is something that has been bothering me. I haven't had much time to look into it so i figured i'd hit the boards.

I have a protool that i use in all our desktops. Currently we have different ini files control the screens appearance in each one. Mainly Different apps.

My question is is it possible to use an ini file to set the look of the protool. Because the protool inherits the ini values from the current session. And is there a way to override the current ini file for this tool just for the tool only. That way it looks the same across all our desktop session for different applications?

I have a protool that i use in all our desktops. Currently we have different ini files control the screens appearance in each one. Mainly Different apps.

My question is is it possible to use an ini file to set the look of the protool. Because the protool inherits the ini values from the current session. And is there a way to override the current ini file for this tool just for the tool only. That way it looks the same across all our desktop session for different applications?

If you mean you want to associate a standard 'MyProtool.ini' file with your Protool, and deploy that with the Protool to be used after the main application has loaded (and override the default MainApp.ini), then I believe you can use the LOAD and USE statements for this (try them in your Protool Init procedure before the Window loads), but as I haven't used them myself for a looooong time, please don't quote me on that.

dayv2005

Ok i will try it out here when i get some more time to mess around with that. It's just everything wasn't standardized before i started this job so everything was done differently. thanks.