Can i change the INI file in code?

dayv2005

I was wondering if i could change the ini file in code when an end user opens a new window? I'm trying to give this support center addin a starndard look and feel, and all our diff products use diff ini files and i just wanted to set this new add in to have aa uniform look and feel across all our apps.

RKR

I was wondering if i could change the ini file in code when an end user opens a new window? I'm trying to give this support center addin a starndard look and feel, and all our diff products use diff ini files and i just wanted to set this new add in to have aa uniform look and feel across all our apps.

You can use: GET-KEY-VALUE and PUT-KEY-VALUE to read and write to and from an inifile or registry. With the LOAD statement and USE statement you can switch between different inifiles.

FrancoisL

But keep in mind that even if you change the ini file during a session , it will not change your current session since the ini file is loaded at the start of the client.

dayv2005

But keep in mind that even if you change the ini file during a session , it will not change your current session since the ini file is loaded at the start of the client.

YEah that's the part that was getting me i was wondering if i would have to get a new session and then reload the old ini file when going back into the application and is now probably not worth it unless there's an easier way of doingthis