browse question

Crittar

I don't know if what I'm rying to do is possible or not...

But I'm sure someone out there will know the answer :awink:

Is it possible to split a browse onto more than one line?

I have quite a large amount of information to display and would love to be able to do this but have not been able to find a way of doing it. Before I start coding a workround does anyone out there know if it's possible and, if yes, how?

bendaluz2

No, you'd have to build your data into a temp table to display it like this

Originally posted by Crittar
I don't know if what I'm rying to do is possible or not...

But I'm sure someone out there will know the answer :awink:

Is it possible to split a browse onto more than one line?

I have quite a large amount of information to display and would love to be able to do this but have not been able to find a way of doing it. Before I start coding a workround does anyone out there know if it's possible and, if yes, how?

Serj HAMMER

Junior Racer
BROWSE not supported VIEW-AS

Hello, Crittar!

IMHO more, than one line, in BROWSE impossable, because browser don't support VIEW-AS phrase. And if You make single string too wide - it may be side-scrolled, but not multyline. Now I have 9.1d03 and may be in future PROGRESS release VIEW-AS option in BROWSE.

Crittar

Originally posted by Serj HAMMER
Hello, Crittar!

IMHO more, than one line, in BROWSE impossable, because browser don't support VIEW-AS phrase. And if You make single string too wide - it may be side-scrolled, but not multyline. Now I have 9.1d03 and may be in future PROGRESS release VIEW-AS option in BROWSE.

Serj,

I hope they do introduce that!

For the moment I had to code round it.

Thanks for your input.

bendaluz2

In a gui environment, you could use a third party grid control that supports multi line records - but I guess that doestn help you really :)

Originally posted by Crittar
Serj,

I hope they do introduce that!

For the moment I had to code round it.

Thanks for your input.