Brisbane, Australia

Sundreamz

Hi Pal,

How are you doing? How is the Progress 4GL/OpenEdge scene in Australia?
I am working on Progress 4GL and related technologies for the past 5 years.
I am currently working in the US. I have a plan to relocate to Australia an pursue a career in Progress. Is this this the right time to move. Can you advice me in this regard?

Thanks in advance,
Sundreamz

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Well!!! That was discouraging...

Is there any specific reason that you said "no" So bluntly??

Thanks,
Sandeep

I assume as I am the only person to post in here that you are referring to me. I don't see how I was being blunt. I also don't understand how I was referring to you as I quoted the original poster. I was just having a bit of light-hearted fun.

Lighten up! :lol:

Sundreamz

I assume as I am the only person to post in here that you are referring to me. I don't see how I was being blunt. I also don't understand how I was referring to you as I quoted the original poster. I was just having a bit of light-hearted fun.

Lighten up! :lol:

Well... I just thought you were replying the question regarding "Progress 4GL/OpenEdge scene in Australia". Sorry for the confusion.

Have fun!!!
Sundreamz

dondeebarrera

Not much is happening here in Brisbane right now from what I can see and I’m hoping things will improve in a couple of months as I will also need to find a new job. My current company is moving to an another ERP. I think this is the norm nowadays, Progress systems being migrated to VB or other platforms.

Its sad to see one go and I’ve been through a couple and its never easy as a I’m a loyal Progress fanatic. I hope I can find a company that is doing the opposite that is migrating to Progress.

This is just my opinion and you can always check out Sydney try seek.com.au

Sundreamz

Thanks for the reply.

I agree lot of companies are moving their applications out of progress.
The new additions/features progress has made into their product line is encouraging. The companies now have an option to stick with progress and expose their applications using java, .NET, webservices ect. I don't see any companies migrating progress, at least in the near future unless progress pulls off something dramatic.

I will look for the right options and time to move to Australia.

All the best for you job search,
Sundreamz