Automating date parameter for batch job

Laker Netman

Hi everyone, first post, so let me give you some quick background info first:
Me: Many years in IT (way to many). Programming experience in a wide variety of environments/IDEs for many purposes, LAN/WAN networking/network admin, DB admin (MSSQL, MySQL), web developer, etc. Now I'm responsible for a medium-sized (IMHO) MFG/PRO installation (~200 users) both as programmer and admin. I'm getting accustomed to the terminology and development processes, but that isn't stopping the support requests :eek:
My world: Mixed eb2, eb2.1 on Progress 9.1d running on RS/6000 under AIX. Most clients are character, but we have a few Desktop clients, access to the Configurator is one example. We are considering an upgrade, all the way to QAD 2009 Standard, depending on the budget (as always). In the interim we will most likely finish moving everything to eb2.1 and get the changes complete in our custom programs as a result of the eb2.1 schema change.

Question: We run a batch job throughout the day that generates picklists automatically (AutoPickBatch). It runs screen 7.9.1 with the due_date1 field (end of date range) automatically set 3 weeks into the future. I have been requested to change this to 6 weeks, but I cannot find where the 3 week lead time calculation is being made. It's not in the script that runs the batch, nor is it in our customized version of sososl.p. If I look at the batch detail in 36.14.3 the date already appears. (See attached image) So, anyone have an idea where I should look?

TIA,
Laker

picklist..jpg

oldemanw

We actually bypassed this by calling the MFG programs directly from Linux crontab and passing the date in the CIM file.
If you want, I can send you an example.

sammylam

If you have "bypassed this by calling the MFG programs directly", why your attachment shows data in 36.14.3 Batch Request Detail Maint?

oldemanw

@Sammylam: No, that is Lakers attachment.
We do not call MFG's batchprocessor if we use programs that need a date parameter.