Attachments with smtpmail.p

vakpal

Hello!

Did anyone have success with sending files via smtpmail.p?

My problem is that I wish send paying detail reports to the suppliers which can be over 32K in the text. I tried send this detail in attahced file but no error message, no attachment.

thanks,
Gabor

Crittar

Gabor,

I have successfully sent attachments using smtpmail.

I'm not sure what your problem is but if you want to supply more information I will try to help.

:awink:

cybvek

Hello Gabor,

Maybe you set the parameters wrong, now I tried first to send email with attach(50K) and it was success. I used this:

RUN c:\downloads\smtpmail.p("< your mailserver>",
"<target email address>",
"<your email address>","",
"test.dat:type=application/data:filetype=binary",
"c:\downloads\test.dat","test sub",
"test body","","",
OUTPUT lsuc,OUTPUT cMess).
Regards,

Viktor

Originally posted by vakpal
Hello!

Did anyone have success with sending files via smtpmail.p?

My problem is that I wish send paying detail reports to the suppliers which can be over 32K in the text. I tried send this detail in attahced file but no error message, no attachment.

thanks,
Gabor

Crittar

Gabor,

I think Viktor is correct in what he says.

I have recently been working on a pplication which sends 26 attachments via smtpmail. Each of the attachments is in the region of 230kb and I have experienced no problems.

If you want to post the code you are using to set up your parameters (or e-mail it to me) I will try to help you get it working.

vakpal

Hello,

I mean the settings are ok because I get the mails but the attachments are missing from mail.

The attachment was a CSV (ascii) file so I used type=text/plain parameter. I can't test with binary attachment because I have not the file "base64encode.p".

cheers,
Gabor

Crittar

Gabor,

Have you had success sending any e-mails with attachments?

is it a problem with just this e-mail or any e-mail you try to send?

If you wish I can email you some code that I know works - just let me have your e-mail address.

vakpal

Hello,

thanks for the answers. Dear Crittar, my email address is bi-ga@freemail.hu. I have problems all emails, not only with this one. Now I will ask our IT experts, maybe our Groupswise mail server has a setting which disallow sending attachments from SMTP.

Viktor, thanks for the link, I will try sending binary attachments, maybe it will work.

cheers,
Gabor

Crittar

Gabor,

I have just e-mailed you a program that I use as a "front end" to smtpmail to send e-mails, it prompts for a file to be attached to the e-mail and I have had no problems with it.

I hope this solves your problem, if not then please get in touch with me and I will try to provide further assistance.

V

vakpal

It functions properly

Hello dear Crittar,

it functions properly, maybe the problem was I had a previous version of smtpmail.p (I realised when check your program which uses more parameters for calling). After download everything went ok, I sent a lot of attachments :)

thanks,
Gabor

ramonvalls

hello
can you help me please ?

I have problems sending attachments via smtpmail.p, attachments are empty.

my code:

DEF VAR sortida AS LOGICAL.
DEF VAR missatge AS CHAR.

RUN smtpmail.p(
INPUT "localhost", /* mailhub */
INPUT "poef@hotmail.com", /* EmailTo */
INPUT "cat@cat.es", /* EmailFrom */
INPUT "", /* EmailCC */
INPUT "prova.pdf:type=application/pdf:filetype=binary",
INPUT "c:\prova.pdf", /* LocalFiles */
INPUT "testting", /* Subject */
INPUT "Body message", /* Body */ INPUT "type=text/plain", /* MIMEHeader */