Access is denied when use put method in ftp

Hi all

I use put command to transfer file to another server, when read that file it error "access is denied", have anyone know this? and have any solutions please shared for me. Iam facing this problem.

thank in advandce!

dayv2005

When you connect via ftp are you going through some sort of user authentication?

Here's what my file looks like.

open temftp.traderonline.com
User
Pass
cd /incoming/tol_truck/aim
put TT.txt
quit

Jupiter

Appears that the username you are using to log in the ftp server where you are uploading the file, does not have write permission.

Hi,

Try to create a new one add to "administrator" local group and try to use FTP again, still get error message! :confused::confused::confused:

Pls see the url link picture as below:
errornk7.png

Regards,

Jupiter

Getting interested. But can't simulate the problem with my setup. Still think that the probelm lies in the FTP server end.

If the issue was in the client machine, the message should have been something like.

150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for test.txt.
> test.txt:permission denied
226 Transfer complete.

I assume as the data connection cannot be opened, you should look into the ftp server. Further, detection of the problem could be easier if you used any GUI based ftp client to test the scenario.

Jupiter,

Sorry...I so do not understand what you are saying. For your expert about this. Have any suggestion from you ?

for more information:
ftpgo2.jpg

1234qf1.jpg

testtrenlocalhostnj1.jpg

Thank in advance,

Regards

dayv2005

it seems as though something is whigging out on the the ftp side, one way to try this out is access the the ftp directory in a windows explorer or something that has a gui interaction. Try uploading that file manually.

If that dont work try creating a new blank txt file. and try it with that file. and see if you still get a 550 error.

here's something to read.

http://support.ipswitch.com/kb/WS-20000817-DM02.htm