Error 4GL STOP Condition

Some of my apps are intermittently receiving the following error:

"4GL STOP condition: lib/SessionMod/Sink.p Singleton main-block procedure ended with an STOP condition (8026) (7241)"

Does this mean that the AppServer it is connecting to needs more servers?

Thanks,

Code:
(Procedure: 'as/connect.p' Line:514) Invalid or inappropriate handle value given to RUN...IN statement. Procedure 'as/connect.p':514. (2128)

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Time to track the cause of the error down. You should always check the handle is valid before you use it.

RealHeavyDude

Running a procedure that can't be found or running an internal procedure in a handle where the handle is invalid or the internal procedure can't be found will always end in STOP condition. Therefore, before executing the run statement you should check for whether the procedure / handle to the procedure is what you expect or provide the no-error option to the run statement and check afterwards ...

The bad thing about a STOP condition is that the first procedure in the session will be re-run and you might wind up in an infinite loop.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Good point Tom. I didn't move it when it first appeared as it was a little unclear as to what the problem was. It then slipped under my radar :D