-210015 [JDBC Progress Driver]:Failure getting record lock

kerlerk

We have a purchased application that writes information into a progress database. I am trying to only query information from the database using JDBC, and am getting the error -210015 [JDBC Progress Driver]:Failure getting record lock. I can not modify the purchased application, so what do I need to do in my java program that will allow me to query the records that don't have an exclusive lock. I am not trying to do an update at this point.

Thanks!

4GLNewbie

Do you need only to query the database or also to do other operations in the db of the purchased application?

Sounds strange to hear you modify records in a purchased db without using the application you have paid for.. if you do something wrong and application does not work anymore, what will you do?

You should in this case refer to your app vendor...

Purchased app lacks of functionalities?
Or your data-elaboration is an integration made upone that db?

I am not so expert in dbs, sorry not to be able to help you more..

pmedes

We have a number of applications written in PowerBuilder that update Progress. These will eventually become web services. Fortunately, my Manager suggested doing a select right after the update and that seemed to solve the problem. Apparently it was leaving a lock on after the update.