WebSpeed question

Dan Moran

We are currently using Openedge 10.1B and webspeed for a web app that works great. We have set up a new server for an upgrade that has OpenEdge 11.4 with Webspeed. I've setup the broker just as the other, moved over the code, compiled, etc., but the get-field function is not working properly. When a form is submitted from one page, the form field list does not make it to the action page. If I display the get-field(?) it is null. If I display the get-cookie(?), the cookies defined are displayed though. Both functions are defined in the same api program.

Does anyone have an idea what might be the cause?

lee.bourne

We are currently using Openedge 10.1B and webspeed for a web app that works great. We have set up a new server for an upgrade that has OpenEdge 11.4 with Webspeed. I've setup the broker just as the other, moved over the code, compiled, etc., but the get-field function is not working properly. When a form is submitted from one page, the form field list does not make it to the action page. If I display the get-field(?) it is null. If I display the get-cookie(?), the cookies defined are displayed though. Both functions are defined in the same api program.

Does anyone have an idea what might be the cause?

Have you tried using get-value() instead?

Lee

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
Is the form being submitted via JavaScript/AJAX calls? If 'yes', is the Javascript encompassing the fields and their values?

Is there any page redirects caused by Javascripts or Meta Headers in your HTML code?

Dan Moran

get-value() does not work either, sorry I didn't mention that.

Although I have javascript and ajax in the page, it is being submitted with simple html. There are no page redirects. This is what is making me crazy, nothing fancy here. When the form is submitted and
this frOTView.html (see below) page is displayed, the field list is null.
"<FORM ENCTYPE='multipart/form-data' NAME='cvaform' METHOD='POST' ACTION='frOTView.html' onsubmit=' return ValidateForm();' TARGET='activityframe'>"

TheMadDBA

Did you change platforms as part of the upgrade? Like Windows to Unix?

Did you check your propath for the old install and make sure it mirrors the new install? I know some places have had to (or just decided to) hack some of the DLC based webspeed code in older versions. When they upgrade those custom includes or programs get lost.

You also need to crank up the webserver logs and compare the values being passed back and forth between the old and new OE setups.