Version 9.1d on vista?

dayv2005

So i haven't tried this yet but i was wondering if anyone out there has installed version 9.1d onto vista yet. Just got my new laptop and i hate it that i don't have a local version of progress instead i do all my dev on server. But when i try new things such as ocxs dll or controls i like to test them on my local first.

So if nayone has done this was there any issues i should be aware of if i do this.?

Davidramsey03

Hey all.
I have Vista 64-bit Ultimate and am trying to install Progress 9.1D, but It keeps telling me _Isdel.exe errored because it's already running...Even though it's not in running processes.
Any ideas?

dayv2005

yeah you might have to go to your administration services and make sure all progress related system processes are stopped. I ran into this issue awhile ago. Im pretty sure thats the error i was getting but its been awhile back and im note 100% sure.

Davidramsey03

Thanks. I called Progress, and they sent me a link to 9.1E (vista compatible) download for free as "maintenance" it doesn't cost for under 5 users.
Now, if anyone is interested, I still had to try like 5 times to get 9.1E to install before it worked. Just make sure to close all unneccessary processes before starting the install, and then when the error comes up (whichever error it likes to pick), open task manager again, and close any extra processes again. Then click OK on your error and it will install.......So.. Good luck