Question Using Httpclient to post

TIm Townsend

Hello,
I'm trying to borrow some code from the Progress knowledgebase to do a h ttp POST. I guess it won't let me include a link to the pkb but the article is titled "Example using System Net H ttp H ttpClient to POST to a REST Web Service" and I'm attaching the code from the article.
Capture.PNG
The code in the kb passes a syntax check in a session not connected to a database. However, when I'm connected to my application's database and check syntax I get Progress error 72 on this line:
Capture2.PNG

The error message says that "Convert" is ambiguous because the database has 2 fields that start with that word. So I assume I need to qualify this with something to indicate it is not a database field. What would this be?

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
This is a horrible shortfall of the compiler. I've fallen foul of it so many times. It's a particular problem when you're shipping code to customers to use in their own environment with their own database. You can control your own database field names to a point, but you can't rely on theirs. Code that compiles fine in house then goes bang with a customer.