Using Google chart API in Openedge

agiusp

Hi
Did anybody tried the Google chart API to load smart chart in Openedge ?

It works very simply!

Try this:

- Declare an image (lets name it My_image) and place it in a new Windows container.
- Place a button and insert this code on the "CHOOSE" event of the button

My_image:load-image(http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?c...,ffff00,00ff00)

Just run it. The first time it's quite long to load.

Contact me if you're interested

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
Hi
How far have you gone with this? I've started to look into it, but I using the JavaScript Dynamic Visualisation.

agiusp

I you read carefully this track, I'm not selling anything . The 2 links I gave represents simply a help to understand the capabilities of the google chart API. That's all.

And the error / difficulty you require assistance with is .. ? what exactly ??
There are like 1000s of active x`s out there, why did U bring this particular 1 to attention ???

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Be very careful with any google api's. Make sure you read the AUP etc. It might not be legal to use it in your app unless you pay Goole money.

agiusp

Sorry, I think there a misunderstanding . I don't need help. I simply answered to Cecil about the usage of the Google chart API with Openedge. That's all.

The advantages of such API is :
1- avoid any activex installation.
2- very simple to implement

This is why I made this post some time ago because it could be usefull for the community.
- Declare an image (My_image) and place it in a new Windows container.
- Place a button and insert this code (below) on the "CHOOSE" event of the button

My_image:load-image(http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?...=t:50&chl=50&chco=ff0000,ff6600,ffff00,00ff00)

Now if you have any concerns with this , just let me know

Best Regards

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
Hi guys. "Woops, talk about cats amongst the pigeons"

I should of given a little bit more background on what I am doing. I creating an "Executive dashboard" (aka the Fisher-Price, Bells & Whistles pretty Charts & Graphs web page for managers).

I was originally looking a using the Google's Interactive charts and I was wondering if anybody else (in this forum) had any real success in dynamically generating the JSON,CSV,HTML dataset based on the Google's query Wire Protocol used in populating the charts?

Because I am using JQuery for my JavaScript framework I have moved away from Google Chart Tools to using Highcharts (I am not trying to promote this product). It looks good and I'm testing it out later to day.

I am just looking for other helpful OpenEgde developers experiences in generating rich looking charts being delvered via webspeed.

Side note. I manly use the ProgressTalk forum to find answers to question where I think someone else has already come across before and posted there own solutions. I try and answer other's developers issues as well (When I can). Sometimes I don't always get answers to my development issues and I then spend time developing a solution to the problem and then submit my results back into the ProgressTalk forum. Hopeful helping other in the future.