Unable to unescape unicode unescape character in string

Jelbin

Hello Everyone,

I am passing some special character from web application to porgress temp-table using REST URL JSON.
But when the values receives in to temptable, the error displays in the appserver log file as "Unable to unescape unicode unescape character in string".
How can I read the the special character from JSON and pass into temp-table.?

Please find the attached document for error file and JSON payload string.The JSON conversion happens from web portal side. Please let me know weather the changes is in Progress side or it must in the front end web portal?

Your valuable response in much appreciable.

Regards,
Jelbin.

Attachments

• Error Details.docx
    63.8 KB · Views: 5

Jelbin

Instead of pasting image crap into a word document, you could have made a more reasonable effort, see snippet in ABL Dojo:

The problem seems to be that db40 is not a valid unicode character - see U+DB40 (see Universal Character Set characters - Wikipedia - surrogates for more)
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your replay. I am getting the same issue with U20ac also.Do I need to perform the changes from progress side or from front end web portal.?

Many thanks,
Jelbin.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Probably on the web side.

This is an interesting discussion of similar problems.

Stefan

Probably on the web side.

This is an interesting discussion of similar problems.

u20ac is the euro symbol € - hardly an emoji... but your codepage will need to support it. If it is the 'default' iso8859-1 then you are out of luck, since iso8859-1 does not contain the euro symbol (as you will see if when you adjust my abl dojo snippet which is running in an iso8859-1 session)

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
It seems rather strange for a euro symbol to be part of someone's name. I suppose that means that this new problem is in a different JSON than the first problem.