Unable to open enumeration of network resources

Maurice

Sometimes, when trying to start a progress application, a strange error occurs:
"Unable to open enumeration of network resources (ec=87)."
Where is this coming form and how can I solve it?

Maurice

First thanx for your concern.
The clients are Win95, de server WinNT. De progress version is V83.b without any patches.
I personally believe it is an operating system error, but our support division thinks it is a Progress error...

Help...

jamesmc

Maurice,

Are you trying to connect to a database on another server using TCP/IP ports? If so does the computer that you are getting the error on have TCP/IP installed for the adapter you are using? Does the port number that you are using have a service name in the SERVICES file on your PC (and is it the same name and number as on the Progress server?).

Thats all I can think of at the moment, let me know if this is any help.

JM.

Maurice

JM,

On all your questions: yes. The error occurs mostly in the weekend (saturdays). During the week the same application on the same network and same pc works great...

Maurice

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Maurice
The error occurs mostly in the weekend (saturdays). During the week the same application on the same network and same pc works great...

Is there anything differently happening over the weekends that could be causing the problem? Is this PC rebooted daily or does it run all week without being shut down?

-Chris

Maurice

Nothing. De client pc is shut down every day. The server every night (so also the friday night) is backuped every night.
Do you already know what the error message means?