Answered Trend Network Error

Batman2772

I've just started to use/try to use Trend at home on a computer using XP.Our
Trend/Invue set-up uses a VPN client to connect to the network and it connects to no problem everytime.After connecting my VPN I click on my
Invue icon and configured it as per our instruction manual.It will not or cannot
see/connect to my VPN network.I get this error "Network failed:"No Response From Host".I have tried Uninstalling & Re-Installing Invue/Trend multiple times to no avail!! I also have uninstalled my firewall(s) Xp's & Sygate(even though I have given VPN permission to connect) I have regularly run Adware 6.0 to clean any spyware issues that may be affecting my computer including Trend.I've made multiple phone calls to my company's Help Desk to which they say they have no idea why Trend will not work on my system??!!:firemad: I am now looking on the net myself to see if I can find someone else who has had a problem like this(no luck so far)???Something is blocking Trend from seeing my network connection!Can anyone suggest a solution or anything I could try to fix this problem?? Trend version:4.01 build 10(my computer is only 2yrs old AMD Athlon XP 1600+,160G HD,768Ram)Thanks in advance!!

leolang

ping

Invue is a terminal server, It only runs a telnet session to your UNIX server. My first thought will be to go to the "DOS" command prompt. Then ping the server with the proper IP address, do not use the server name since you probably aren't configured for DNS. If you can ping the server, then you need to try and telnet to the server using using the dos prompt and the command "telnet" followed by the ip address. If that works, then VPN is good, and the UNIX server ip address is correct. After this I'll talk you thru Invue config.

DonSRI

Invue Error Message

I'm having the same problem. I created a CD that has our company's phone book entry and the Invue software. When installed, it loads the Invue software and adds a desktop icon that first makes the VPN connection and then starts Invue. I've used the CD to install on four laptops. Today for the first time one laptop got the "Network failed:"No Response From Host". error message. When the employee got to the office I had him plug into the office LAN and just start the Invue (no VPN connection). He got the same message. I then tried it from home on my laptop (XP, SP2 on both machines). I got the same message through the VPN. With the VPN connection I can ping the Unix server, I can telnet to it from a command prompt, and I can access it using TinyTerm, another terminal emulator. So I know the connection between my laptop and the Unix machine is functioning properly. The problem seems to be with the Invue. I have two other laptops (same OS) at home that I loaded from the same CD. I decided to try them. To my surprise, they both worked fine! I went back to my laptop and it still gives the error message. I tried uninstalling and re-installing from the CD a couple times on my laptop, but got the same result. No firewall software (except XP's) on any of the three laptops and the XP firewall is turned off on all three machines. I've run out of ideas to try. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks,
Don

jgresham

Go to command prompt
type "netsh winsock reset catalog"
It will need to reboot and this should resolve for XP.
I had about 4 xp laptops that this did the trick for.
My only problem now is with Vista. I can retry the connection and sometimes gets me in, sometimes gets in on the first try without retry, but cannot figure out a permanent fix for Vista.

If anyone has any thoughts to fix on vista, would appreciate a post.
resetting the winsock catalog does not fix it in vista.

Thanks,

reddog

Go to command prompt
type "netsh winsock reset catalog"
It will need to reboot and this should resolve for XP.
I had about 4 xp laptops that this did the trick for.
My only problem now is with Vista. I can retry the connection and sometimes gets me in, sometimes gets in on the first try without retry, but cannot figure out a permanent fix for Vista.

If anyone has any thoughts to fix on vista, would appreciate a post.
resetting the winsock catalog does not fix it in vista.

Thanks,

Has anyone come up with a solution for this?

jgresham

Nothing other than xp "compatibility"/vm mode for win7/vista. Third parties such as Putty or IVT telnets, but keyboard mapping, help files, etc are not available there.

mike u

The problem with Invue is that if you use any operating system above Windows XP, you will get the error message Network Failed: no response from host. This occurs even if you use a compatibility mode. This is a problem with Invue, not with your connection. I know this because I have Invue running on several WINXP computers and they connect fine, Windows 7 computers get the error. The solution is to hold down the 'R" button (for retry), and after several attemps (sometimes up to 50) it will finally connect. I currently have to do this on 3 Windows 7 computers for it to connect. This is via a Telnet session however, but could be the same problem for a VPN connection.