Syteline Report

thamaraj

HI There,

Can anyone help me on how to change syteline "account receivable aging report" (see attached) print credit balance customers value from N to Y by default when open the report without use the store options?
Appreciated if someone can help me to achieve this
Syteline ver - 6.02.10
Progress ver - 9.1E02

Attachments

• AR%20report.JPG
    AR%20report.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 7

darrenk

Hello there,

So the question is: do you have/own the Syteline source code for version 6.02?
If yes - then you can change the form by modifying the source code.
If no - then you are out of luck - you cannot adjust the standard forms in versions 3/4/5/6 without that code.
If you do not own the code suggest you create your own custom report and form to suit your needs.

Darren

thamaraj

Hi Darren,
Many thanks for your reply.
I don't know whether we have the source code or not, but may i know what file name and file extensions of that standard form?
If i cannot find the source code for syteline may i know how to create a custom report and form? I'm not good in syteline and progress. appreciated if you can help me on this.
Looking forward to your response.

darrenk

The program / form file name and extensions can be found by clicking on Help - Current Program Name / Current Menu Name.
This will provide you with the all the info you need regarding the file name, location, and menu structure.
If you cannot find the source code, I would suggest you set aside approx. 3 - 8 hr days to learn and understanding coding structure and methodologies
for Progress 9.x. I can train you. That's how long it took me 12 yrs ago via formal training. I'm available for hire!
There is no way possible to "show you" how to create the form and report in a single posting reply or email.
I have a question for you. Who is the Progress DBA at your company?
Isn't there someone there who is trained in maintaining the DB structure and support for the end users?

thamaraj

Hi Darren,

Is it this file? see attached.
Current support provider is infor included maintaining.
Please advise..

Attachments

• ar01-r.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 2

darrenk

Yes - ar01.r is the correct file name for that form.
Opening the file in the Procedure Editor will just show "jumbled code" (encrypted) without the source code.
If Infor is your current support - that's good. They will be able to:
1. Sell you the source code (for a huge amount of $$$).
2. Create a quote to customize the form for you (using their source code)
3. Create a quote to create a custom form/report to meet your needs.

Darren