[Stackoverflow] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] How to deploy changes in an existing Progress PASOE aplication when some method is added

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alberto

I have a deployed application in Progress 4GL PASOE that is working in Production, but now we had to add a new method to the Business Entity class. We did it locally with Developer Studio and, after restarting the instance, it works as expected. However, I don´t know how to apply this changes to Production. I have already copied the .r/.cls files to the corresponding openedge folder and also the service json file with the catalog to the webapp folder. I have restarted the pasoe instance (tcman stop/tcman start) and restarted service, but if I make a request through Postman it raises a 500 error:

Postman request

What else should we have to do? Is it necessary to delete the instance and do the whole deploy again to just add a new method?

The log file is throwing the following exception:

Code:
    2021-06-16T16:44:30.500+02:00 WARN  [thd-1] nynweb:r:0000000b o.a.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain - Interceptor for usuari has thrown exception, unwinding now 
java.lang.NullPointerException: null

"usuari" is a table which is in the catalogue indeed.

Please let me know if you need some clarifying data to fully understand my problem.

Many thanks in advance. Regards.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.