set custom title in taskbar

pivert

I'm running a windows server only used for batch jobs. And sometimes, several progress jobs are running at the same time. Is there a way to set a custom title for a progress program? Now it just says "progress". The batch programs are started via a bat-file and here we use the "title" command to identify each window.

Checked windows and progress kb but can't find a parameter for it. Thanks!

pivert

It was easier than that: SET CURRENT-WINDOW:TITLE = "test title". I didn't expect it to work for batch programs also but apparently it also sets the title on the Progress-task in the taskbar. We also changed all bat-files to use the dos-commands "title" and "start" so thanks for all the tips!

Stefan

It was easier than that: SET CURRENT-WINDOW:TITLE = "test title". I didn't expect it to work for batch programs also but apparently it also sets the title on the Progress-task in the taskbar.

Both prowin32.exe (gui client) and _progres.exe (character client) can be run in batch mode. Since a batch program has no interaction with the user, there is usually no need to use a gui client. Note that the character client cannot set the current-window:title (** unable to set attribute title on window widget in the current environment. (5194)).