Resume

vaidyanbgm

Biju G. Mathew

1252,Sierra Village Place,

San Jose, CA 95132.

(408)-254-4120 (H)

E-Mail: vaidyanbgm@yahoo.com

Professional Highlights

Experienced as a Business Systems Analyst, Project Management skills, Experience in MFGPRO Implementation and Customization, SYMIX payroll, AGILE software, ORACLE ERP Install base, PROGRESS 4GL CHUI, ORACLE PL/SQL, Unix Scripting and PROGRESS Database Administration.

Business and Technical

Business Have good understanding of the following Business processes - Order management, Product Lifecycle, Product compliance, supply chain, Install base and Manufacturing.

ProgrammingExperienced with MFGPRO, 4GL Languages - PROGRESS Versions 6.3 to 8.2 CHUI, Oracle PL/SQL and Unix basic scripting.

Administration Experienced in Progress database administration, Understanding of Oracle database and Unix.

General & Business

Business knowledge– possess strong ability to understand complex cross-departmental processes and to identify methods in which they can be streamlined through the use of packages such as MFGPRO, Oracle and SYMIX. Have efficiently managed and delivered IT projects using LCM phases and 8-step processes.

Consulting skills - Excellent communication and presentation skills. Have solid ability to use these skills to understand clients’ business needs and to provide practical solutions to fulfill their requirements.

ORACLE Experience

Brocade Communications Inc Nov ‘00 - Till Date

San Jose, CA

Sr. Programmer/Analyst – During my tenure at Brocade I have worked in the IT department providing IT services to various departments like Order management, Product Operations, Advance Manufacturing and Support. Some of these services are in the form of analysis for new requirements and project management. These projects were delivered using the software LCM and 8-step process.

Summary of projects that I worked or managed at Brocade:

· Designed, developed and supported the Oracle ERP install base custom interface. As the company increased the manufacturing sites and volume, the install base became a crucial part of Brocade’s success. To ensure reduced risk of missing data, I managed a technical team that redesigned the system to include the install base data along with the automatic shipping notice information. Also implemented a zero escape process where all Brocade personnel had to use sales orders or internal sales orders to ship products through contract manufacturers. This helped ensure Install base accuracy.

· I played a pivotal role in the Oracle 11i upgrade team, where I provided technical support to the offshore team during their business requirements, design changes and testing of the Install base interface.

· Brocade software licenses are activated after the sale of hardware. To enable this, a website was designed and developed where users could redeem the licenses they purchased. This website transaction was stored in an Oracle database with interface to Oracle ERP Install base. I played a key role in the project management, requirement analysis, Oracle development, deployment and support of the website.

· Brocade manufacturing was outsourced to contract manufacturers to reduce cost. To maintain quality and yield of the product, Brocade personnel on a daily basis monitored the process using Manufacturing Data system (MDS), which was designed, developed and supported internally. The system was based on Oracle database with Stars Data warehouse schema with an OLAP tool (Business Objects) for reporting. Also the contract manufacturers were allowed to maintain the system via a supplier portal website. I was the technical lead for the team of developers that designed and deployed this system.

· Brocade’s OEM custom software configurations are managed via a Customer Specification Document (CSD). Brocade IT department decided to use the offshore model to build this system. I was involved with the on-site personnel to provide a model project with the offshore resources. We successfully delivered the project with reduced cost and followed all the phases of LCM. I currently support the CSD system and further enhancements are being made to the system with offshore resource model.

· Brocade’s Storage Area Network (SAN) switches require a World-Wide Name (WWN) to manage the fabric environment. As the WWN is an integral part of the SAN the non-duplication of this element during the manufacturing process was important. Realizing that an automated process was necessary to meet this requirement, I managed a project where a central tracking database was implemented. This system communicated with the shop floor allocation system to ensure non-duplication of WWNs across factories. In this project I also performed oracle development tasks to modify existing system interfaces.

MFGPRO & SYMIX Experience

Brocade Communications Inc Aug ‘99 – Nov ‘00

San Jose, CA

Programmer/Analyst – As a technical analyst of the Brocade IT department I was involved in supporting the users in all their daily MFGPRO system related requirements. Using PROGRESS 4GL Language I created new reports and interfaces to and from other systems like Agile (PDM application) and Install Base CIM data load programs. Performed the upgrade of MFGPRO from version 7.0 to 8.6E. Agile Application was used as the PDM software at Brocade. I upgraded the Agile Software and modified the Agile Change cast interface to Oracle and MFGPRO ERP.

TT Technology Partners Inc Jan ‘98 - Aug ‘99

San Jose, CA

Lead Technical Consultant – I have worked for clients like Raychem, Elo Touch Systems and RB Inc. At Raychem I supported the implementation and customization of the new version of MFGPRO. PCC module was enabled in the new version. At Elo Touch system I customized the shipping module to accept serial numbers and display them on invoices. At the Raychem Mexico Division I played an active role in implementing the new version of MFGPRO. Modified the existing programs for Y2K compliance at these sites. Enabled the Customer Service department at Elo Touch system to charge sales orders in MFGPRO by credit card and provide this information on the invoice. At RB Inc I was part of the MFGPRO implementation team managed by Arthur Anderson where I developed reports and customizations within the order management modules in MFGPRO.

ITTI Pvt Ltd Oct ‘96 - Dec ‘97

Bangalore, India

Lead Technical Consultant – Was instrumental in creating an add-on Supply Chain Management module to the existing functionality of MFGPRO. Depending on the sales and stock data sent from the sub-divisions to the head office on a weekly basis, a distribution and allocation plan was generated for the factories and sites. Reports from the system helped the planner to decide on sales and stock. It also created an item-wise allocation to sites, by equalizing the ratio of the time period that the current in transit and stocks would last in the normative cover defined for the depot. Also based on the sourcing networks of the depots the system generates the dispatch plans for the factories. Responsibilities included implementing the package and training its users in addition to providing support for enhancement. Also benchmarked the package on different DEC ALPHA machines. Customized the SYMIX Payroll Module and automated the Payroll Functions for the client company to meet its needs. Implemented the HR Function of SYMIX. The Payroll Module was customized to calculate the employee’s pay with the deductions set by the user, based on employee grade. The paychecks and reports for income tax clearance were automated and posted to the company accounts. Other responsibilities included transfer of information to the clients’ support team and training them on implementing the system.

Environment: Progress Version 7.3 on unix and windows nt.

Maya Data Systems Ltd Nov ‘95 - Sept ‘96

Bangalore, India

Programmer Analyst Worked in a team that developed a Sales Order Module for a custom ERP Software. The module had all the functions of a sales ordering system, allocation of inventory, multiple line items, shipments, shipment cancel, pick ticketing and reports and tie-ups to other finance modules. I designed and developed reports and was a key member of the design team for the module. Worked in a team that developed parts of a manufacturing module that had functions to keep track of raw materials, work order releases and material held for inspection. Designing and modifying existing reports to user specifications was my responsibility. Integration of both modules with the rest of the application by following all the coding guidelines and using include packages for common routines.

Environment: PROGRESS version 6.3 and os unix.

Education

1990 to 1994

Bachelor of Engineering, SIT, India

Computer Science & Engineering

Professional Training

Java Programming Fundamentals Apr ’03.

Berkley Extension, USA

Business Objects Designer Training Aug ’02.

Business Objects, USA

Agile System Administration (Oracle) Training Mar ’01.

Agile Software Corporation, USA

MFGPRO Product Training Aug ’98.

SynergyPROS, Inc, USA

ISO 9000 Training July ’97.

ITTI Pvt Ltd – Bangalore, India

Communication Skills Feb ’97.

Alan Associates - Bangalore, India

Oracle and C Training Sept ’94

Tata Unisys Ltd – Bangalore, India

Personal details

Work Status: Permanent Resident

References will be provided upon request