Resume - Senior Analyst / Programmer

jpoulin

RESUME
Jimmy Poulin
jimmy_poulin@yahoo.com

Senior Analyst / Programmer

CARREER OBJECTIVE

To applied my knowledge in computer sciences and sociology in order to improve the quality of organizations using a management information system. To use computer languages in order to program different systems that help organizations to achieve their goal efficiently.

EDUCATION

Bachelor of Administration (University of Ottawa) 1989 - 1993
Bachelor of Social Sciences (University of Ottawa) 1992
College Diploma in Information Processing Technology, Quebec 1984 - 1987

Other Training & experiences

Semi-Professional Numeric Photography - 2001
University Students Residence Manager, Hull, Quebec 1993 - 1996
Black Belt of TaeKwonDo, University of Ottawa, 1989 - 1995
Authoring, Writing, Publishing, Editions Jimmy Poulin Enr., Hull, Québec 1994
French Teacher, Nova Intercultural Institute, Shibuya Tokyo, Japan, 1991
English (immersion), Université de Sherbrooke, Quebec, University of Toronto, Ontario, 1986
Experiences with media: Televisions, Newspapers, Electronic discussion forum.

ACHIEVEMENTS

1999 to 2001, Editions Jimmy Poulin St-Georges de Beauce, Québec, Canada.
Environment: Microsoft Outlook, Ms Explorer, Windows, Javascript, Egroups, Email.

I have designed three web sites. I have programmed a Monetary Game that can be played on the Internet. I have conducted extensive research on L.E.T.S. (Local Employment Trading System), micro-credit systems and cyber currency. Then, thanks to the collaboration of community services in my hometown, I have founded a LETS in Beauce, Quebec. I have also been working on technologies to implement a futuristic LETS Network on the Internet.

1998 to 1999 MEI Software Systems, Inc. Reston,Virginia, United States
Environment: Aplus3,4,5, Progress 6,8,9, UNIX, Windows 95,98,NT, Roundtable.

During my employment for that company I was trained on new technologies in association management software. I also attended several meeting with MEI employees and customers. I was responsible for the analysis, programming, installation and improvement of management softwares. (They are making the famous software AssociationPlus. I had acquired an extensive knowledge of that software, during my previous employment).

1995 to 1998 Canadian Pharmacists Association Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Environment: Aplus3,3.4, Progress6,8, Unix 3.4, Windows, Novell, NT, HTML

I was responsible for the analysis, programming, installation and improvement of the management software AssociationPlus. My role also involved the design and programming of a unique system to generate a section of the CPS (Compendium of Pharmaceutical Products) and the complete installation of the main computer and programming languages that support all administrative and financial systems. Other duties included realization of systems using internet technologies, planification, strategies and providing support to users.

1994 Editions Jimmy Poulin Enr. Hull, Quebec, Canada
Environment: Word 6, Microsoft Publisher, Progress, DOS

With my own Company, in the capacity of Author-Publisher, and in collaboration with many university teachers, and businessmen, my role included the writing, translation, publishing distribution and management, of a sociological interest book.

1993 Veritaq Technologies Inc. Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Environment: Progress, OS-2

As an employee with this company, I executed a contract for the government of Canada, department of Revenue Canada. I worked on the improvement of a management information system that regulates all merchandises that cross the border of Canada.

1992 to 1993 Polane inc. Hull, Quebec, Canada
Environment: Progress, DOS, Novell

My role as a Programmer/Analyst for Polane Inc. involved the analysis, design, programming of an information system to improve or facilitate the management of the company.

1989 to 1993 University of Ottawa Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Environment: DOS, Novel, Lotus, dbase, Wordperfect, Email.

I was hired as a Workshop Leader. I gave several courses on the most utilized software on the University of Ottawa campus. I also worked as an Advisor for computer laboratories. (Before I went to University, when I was a member of "club micro-ordinateur de Beauce", I used to give computer lessons to a some of our respective members for about three years. Then I learnt how to teach computer in enterprises while working for 'Les Logiciels Sysgraph Enr.', a private computer teaching company directed by professional teachers).

1988 Canam Steel Work Inc. St-Gédéon, Québec, Canada
Environment:Unix, Progress, multi-users

I had a contract with The Canam Manac Group Inc., a very prosperous company located in my home town. My role consisted in analysing and programming a human resources management systems. I also contributed, with the collaboration of the company team of programmer/analysts, in adapting a management information system named 'Varnet'.

1986 and before
Environment: Dbase III+, DOS, COBOL, Assembler, Turbo Pascal

At the time I did the analysis and I executed small programming contracts for different companies. These five companies were: Le mot caché bilingue Enr., Les Logiciels sysgraph Enr., La Corporation des Data Hannon Inc., Sysmic Enr. and Club micro-ordinateur de Beauce Inc. They were all situated in Quebec.
My work entailed the following tasks: Programming of invoice systems and management resume systems; Lectures; Sysop (System Operator of Electronic bulletin Board); Programming procedures for payroll; Analysis of invoice systems.

References on demand
[/B]