[progress News] [progress Openedge Abl] What Do Pokémon Go, Mongodb And Star Wars Have In...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Austin Hellman

On National #GetToKnowYourCustomersDay, we decided to take the opportunity to get to know you better. Here are your answers from our Twitter polls.

We wanted to make you the star of this post! We care about you and we finally got the chance to know your hobbies and interests, likes and dislikes on Get To Know Your Customers Day! The results of the polls showed us your favorite video game, NoSQL database, data access standard, movie, SaaS app and most important of all, whether you prefer Star Wars versus Star Trek. We were blown away with 341 votes on our polls—thank you for participating! Here are the results:

The Polls

What is your favorite game to play?

— Progress DataDirect (@DataDirect_News) July 21, 2016

It looks like your favorite game was Pokémon GO! In fact, I'm pretty sure I watched some of you chase a 1200CP Vaporeon through my backyard. (Don’t GO and Drive!)

What can the incredible success of Pokémon Go teach us about digital business? It pays to combine innovation with safety and the right technology partnership. Check out, “Learning to Build Bigger: Lessons from Pokémon Go,” by Paulette Stout to discover the real-life business insights we can gain from Pokémon Go.

Here are my best Pokémon, are yours better? Comment below.

my-pokemon597b33f98fed4c699312d088f8f9a0b2.png

What is your favorite NoSQL database?

NoSQL databases are flexible, low cost and innovative. While it has not overtaken RDBMS, it has caused quite the disruption in database technology. You picked MongoDB as your favorite NoSQL database which is also currently the #1 non-relational database on DB-Engines’ Ranking list and #4 overall.

What is your favorite standard to access data?

ODBC was your favorite data standard, followed closely by OData. ODBC 1.0 was released in September 1992 and remains largely universal today as one of the best standard APIs to connect disparate systems. We have been very involved in the creation and development of the ODBC standard, including the latest release of ODBC 4.0. Learn more in Sumit Sarkar’s post, “What Does the ODBC 4.0 Announcement Mean?

OData is the newest standard on the list and oftentimes the least understood; check out Mike Johnson’s post, What is OData and Why Do You Need It?” to get a firm grasp on the topic.

Star Wars or Star Trek?

— Telerik by Progress (@Telerik) July 21, 2016

To me, this was a no brainer, but we have officially settled the debate. Star Wars is better than Star Trek. In lieu of these findings, here are 10 Hidden Star Wars Facts You Didn’t Know.

What's your favorite SaaS application?

It looks like your favorite SaaS application was Google Analytics! Google Analytics is fascinating, you can learn everything from the demographics of your audience to their web browser to your most popular content. Here are 20 Must-Know Tips & Tricks To Master Google Analytics Data from Hongkiat. If you want a more technical, powerful solution, we can help you get OData and Cloud connectivity to Google Analytics and take it to a whole new level.

What's your favorite tech movie?

Would you choose the red pill or the blue pill? We are guessing you know what you would choose since your favorite tech movie is The Matrix! Did you know that the “Bullet Time Effect” was specifically developed for The Matrix? What about the fact that the actors had to read three philosophy books before the start of production? Here are 15 Facts About The Matrix That Will Shatter Your Reality from IFC.

Tell Us More!

It was great hearing from you and learning more about you. Success in life and in business is about building meaningful and positive relationships with people. We would love to get to know you even better! If you have any insights or thoughts you want to share—whether it’s a question, interesting fact or an awesome Pokémon—please comment below.

If you are interested in learning more about connecting and integrating any data source to any application including MongoDB, Google Analytics and much more, feel free to try any of our products free for 15 days.

Connect Any Data Source to Any Application

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.