[Progress News] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] How Kinvey Has Helped Me Accelerate My Last 20 Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deyan Peychev

In this guest post, developer Deyan Peychev shares how he finds it easier and faster to develop on already built platforms like Kinvey.

In times of rapidly growing technology, more and more developers feel it easier and faster to use already built platforms for their personal projects, or even their business. Cloud platforms are now at the core of both quicker and less expensive development for people creating new and innovative products.

For me as an app developer, using Kinvey is an investment that pays off many times over. I can compare the service with driving a car—you do not have to build the car before you can use it, you just get in it and drive. And it has everything you can possibly need. You can use Kinvey for the development of apps based on .NET and NodeJS, integrate it in different frameworks, such as Angular, and even develop mobile apps for Android and iOS. And that is not all—Kinvey gives you the opportunity to use its REST API which makes it possible to integrate it into any kind of app.

In the last couple of years, I have been studying at the Software University “SoftUni” in Sofia, Bulgaria. I started using Kinvey in the course of my education I as had to implement it in my final projects for each of the modules I have been studying (ExpressJS, React and Angular apps development). Before getting to know Kinvey, I had to use MongoDB for storing data and implement my own Express server—that is when I realized what a time-saver Kinvey is. I was able to develop my apps 3x times faster, and a hundred times more easily.

As a MEAN Stack developer, I am mainly using Kinvey with Angular as well as the REST API. I can honestly say that it saves me a lot of time and really reduces my expenses. As every product has it downsides, I can also say that I find file upload a bit hard to grasp at first, but there is always room for improvement and I am quite sure that everything becomes easier after you read the documentation several times (which, by the way, is one of the most organized and clear sets of docs that I have ever read—and believe me, as a JavaScript developer, I have read lots of documentation).

In addition, I have used Kinvey for more than 20 projects since I first got to know it. From a simple blog app, to a big shopping service and even apps for tracking different kinds of transportation, such as trains and busses all over my country. I find myself depending on Kinvey because I know I can always get the job done with it.

I am currently developing an app called Photogram. Photogram is a web platform aimed at traveling photographers which want to share their experience with other people. They can create personal journeys containing images from their trips and share them along with their EXIF data, creating a large community of people who love to share beautiful moments with others.

In conclusion, I can say that more and more apps are depending on serverless cloud platforms that deliver data integration, legacy system acceleration and a complete app backend for developers creating new mobile and web applications. They not only save your time, but they also save your pocketbook. So if you are wondering how can you make it easier to develop your next app—just sign up for Kinvey.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.