[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: STATIC objects and garbage collector of PASOE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thierryk

Hi, Working on a REST application and in order to retrieve PDF file from my server via HTTP (content-type application/pdf) , i've implemented a web handler. This one runs on PASOE (v11.7.3). The web handler does the work well and the web browser is able to display pdf via the default viewer. However, while checking the stack trace on agent sessions I saw that a lot of static HTTP related objects were loaded in memory (see the non exhaustive list at the end of the post). These objects are deleted after a while, certainely by the garbage collector and PASOE auto trim. The thing is, I'm a bit concerned about it, especially when thinking that the application will be used in a multiuser mode. So my questions are the following Is it safe to let PASOE handle these objects ? If not, is there a way to properly clean the stack after the REST call ? Thanks for your help. ABL objects Object-1 Class: OpenEdge/Core/Util/MathUtil.r ObjectId: STATIC Object-2 Class: OpenEdge/Core/ByteBucket.r ObjectId: STATIC Object-3 Class: OpenEdge/Net/HTTP/Filter/Writer/BodyWriterRegistry.r ObjectId: STATIC Object-4 Class: OpenEdge/Net/HTTP/Filter/Writer/MessageWriterBuilder.r ObjectId: STATIC Object-5 Class: OpenEdge/Net/HTTP/Filter/Writer/BodyWriterBuilder.r ObjectId: STATIC Object-6 Class: OpenEdge/Core/Memptr.r ObjectId: STATIC Object-7 Class: OpenEdge/Core/String.r ObjectId: STATIC Object-8 Class: OpenEdge/Net/HTTP/Filter/Writer/SetHeaderMessageWriterBuilder.r ObjectId: STATIC Object-9 Class: OpenEdge/Net/HTTP/HttpHeaderBuilder.r ObjectId: STATIC Object-10 Class: OpenEdge/Net/HTTP/HttpHeader.r ObjectId: STATIC Object-11 Class: OpenEdge/Net/HTTP/StatusCodeHelper.r ObjectId: STATIC Object-12 Class: OpenEdge/Net/HTTP/HttpHeaderCollection.r ObjectId: STATIC Object-13 Class: Ccs/Common/Application.r ObjectId: STATIC Object-14 Class: OpenEdge/Core/Util/TokenResolver.r ObjectId: STATIC Object-15 Class: OpenEdge/Logging/TokenResolver.r ObjectId: STATIC

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.