[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Render Telerik Report from my ABL program

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thomas Wurl

Hi Dmitry, sorry I'm not able to answer your question directly. I am using Telerik but not for printing and reporting. Most of my customers and myself use combit List & Label since ever. Looking at your requirements it should fit perfectly. In my opinion telerik reporting is quite powerful, but only makes sense if you have a .net or abl.net app. It's propably useful, if you already have the data in .Net objects / forms. But telerik doesn't care about an openedge db or prodatasets where your data is. The KB you mentioned uses ODBC to connect to a progress db. That's propably not the way you want to access your data. An you don't seem to use Winforms in the moment, so it doesn't make sense to start with it just for printing and reporting. So, if you don't succeed with Telerik Reporting I recommend the following. - Download a trial for List & Label from www.combit.com/.../ I have written the OpenEdge DataProvider for List&Label (.Net DLL). It's included in the samples directory of the LL distribution. C:\Program Files (x86)\combit\LL24\Samples\Progress\OpenEdge. - Download the source code including c# for everything from here www.taste-consulting.de/.../ . Get the software an documentation. Then I recommend that you first try to run the Sports2000 Sample App. You should do this with OpenEdge Developer Studio. A classroom edtion is enough. Some features: - ABL Clients, classic or Winforms.Net, with or without Appserver. In memory data (Temp-Tables, Datasets) or direct db access. Normal wait-for or .Net wait-for. - .Net OpenClients an Appserver to access OpenEdge data. - Powerful designer also for End-User. - Print, Preview, Export i.e. as PDF. - Export on client or silently on appserver. - simple or complex an nested documents. Images, Barcode ... almost everything. List & Label also incudes a powerful report server with a browser based frontend. Feel free to ask addional questions ... Best regards, Thomas

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.