[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: OpenEdge Explorer: Oldest Transaction Age

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

I'm going to try to open a tech support ticket about the misleading OEE information ("oldest transaction age"). Given that OEE is the only graphical DB monitoring tool that comes in the box (and given that it is so minimal compared to OEM) you would think that Progress could support it better and maybe even enhance it! Maybe they are hoping to acquire ProTop in the near future, and that would avoid having to support their own home-grown stuff. (Although I suspect that OEE was something they had acquired in the past as well.) When the OE database is misbehaving it is almost always for the same couple of reasons and our DBA should be able to hop into OEE to confirm. The two problems are typically lock table overflows and long-running concurrency conflicts. Basically our OE DBA should be able to check on those two things, and they would indicate the need for disconnecting the related database users that are misbehaving. Hopefully this can be fixed in the near future (in OE 11.7.5.x or OE 11.7.6) We cannot be the only ones who struggle with OEE. In a similar vein, I wish Progress would start including the full OEM in their database product ("OE Enterprise RDBMS"). It surprises me that an "enterprise" database would be sold without having any management console that is graphical and easily approachable.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.