[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: OpenEdge 11.6 | How to find a memory leak on AppServer

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daniel Spinelli

Hi, First sorry for my English. I'm using google translator and I hope you can understand. I believe that with swagger you will be able to identify the program that is causing the memory leak and know which DATASET is not being removed. I solved my memory leak problem with swagger help where the programs were adjusted in front of your report. The following is the step-by-step guide for you to enable and use swagger - Step 1 - Enable OEmanager cd /usr/wrk/instance bin/tcman.sh undeploy -u tomcat:yourpasswod oemanager - Password default - tomcat bin/tcman.sh deploy -u tomcat:yourpassword -a oemanager /$DLC/servers/pasoe/extras/oemanager.war vi webapps/oemanager/WEB-INF/oemgrSecurity-container.xml //remove comments in line 35 :wq Sign in - hostname:port-instcance/ manager/ - do not forget / at the end /oemanager - Stop and Start - Step 2 - Collect Agent ID Sign in - hostname:port-instcance/ oemanager/ - do not forget / at the end - Usr: tomcat / Pwd: your password Click "Get / application/{appName}/agents Get Agents" Click "Try it out" Inform Instance name and execute copy "agentID" - Step 3 - Enable agent for collection Click " PUT /aaplication/{appName}/agents/{agentID}/ABLObjects/status Enable/Disable ABLObjects and click “Try it out” Inform instance name and agentID Change for { "enable" : "true" } And Execute Response Body will be changed for: "result": true - Step 4 - Run your program or your system normally so that the collection is done - Step 5 - Analyze collection Click: GET / applications/{appName}/agents/{agentID}/ABLObjects Get ABLObjects Report and click in “Try it out The screen below will show the handle used; Do it Download - Step 6 - Run again your program or your system normally so that the collection is done - Step 7 - Analyze collection again Click: GET / applications/{appName}/agents/{agentID}/ABLObjects Get ABLObjects Report and click in “Try it out The screen below will show the handle used; Do it Download - Step 8 - Check the reports If the handle of the first scan remains, it means that the program is not deleting the memory leak. It should be reviewed and corrected. If it disappears and generates another, the program is correct without the addition of memory leak. If the number of rows in the report increases, it means that there is memory leak and must be corrected. The handleID should always be refreshed. With this tool it is possible to evaluate if the program is having memory leak and correct it. So the memory consumption will drop successfully. - Step 9 - Disable agent for collection Click " PUT /aaplication/{appName}/agents/{agentID}/ABLObjects/status Enable/Disable ABLObjects and click “Try it out” Inform instance name and agentID Change for { "enable" : "false" } And Execute END Step I hope you understand and if you have any questions, I am at your disposal. Regards

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.