[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Move tables and indexes to B2 in batch

• Thread starter Rob Fitzpatrick
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rob Fitzpatrick

You can apply a .df that assigns objects to the ABP. Here is a simple example of the type of thing you could do: def var v-tables as char. def var v-table as char. def var i as i. v-tables = "customer,order,order-line". output to value( ldbname( "dictdb" ) + "_abp.df" ). do i = 1 to num-entries( v-tables ): v-table = entry(i, v-tables). find dictdb._file no-lock where _file-name = v-table no-error. if not available _file then next. put unformatted "UPDATE TABLE " + quoter( v-table ) skip. put unformatted ' BUFFER-POOL "Alternate"' skip(1). for each dictdb._index no-lock of _file: put unformatted "UPDATE INDEX " + quoter( _index-name ) + " OF " + quoter( v-table ) skip. put unformatted ' BUFFER-POOL "Alternate"' skip(1). end. end. put "." skip. put "PSC" skip. put "bufpool=yes" skip. put "cpstream=ISO8859-1" skip. put "." skip. put "0000099999" skip. output close. You can change the logic to meet your needs, add error-handling, etc. You would wind up with a .df that looks like this: UPDATE TABLE "customer" BUFFER-POOL "Alternate" UPDATE INDEX "Comments" OF "customer" BUFFER-POOL "Alternate" UPDATE INDEX "Cust-Num" OF "customer" BUFFER-POOL "Alternate" UPDATE TABLE "order" BUFFER-POOL "Alternate" UPDATE INDEX "Cust-Order" OF "order" BUFFER-POOL "Alternate" . PSC bufpool=yes cpstream=ISO8859-1 . 0000099999 Then you could apply that from the command line with the dictionary code (prodict/load_df.p).

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.