[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Lots of file I/O related to a file named logging.config

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter Judge

>As far as implementation goes, I noticed lots of static members in that "ConfigFileLoggerBuilder". Would it be possible to have a static method or > property that adjusts the behavior of config and determines if config files should be read once per-session, or upon every REST call? The LoggerBuilder:GetLogger() calls basically are once per REST call (typically once per OOABL object instantiation). I'm sure we can add something to tweak the behaviour (like a "don't check the config file more than once an hour" or something). I’m loath to check only once per session since the goal is to be able to tweak the logging dynamically in an AppServer. I'd suggest logging a bug for the behaviour you're seeing and we'll come up with something. Maybe an idea for a file-watcher wouldn't go amiss either, so that we don't have to poll :) . > As a side, is this "Consultingwerk" github repro the official one for OpenEdge API's? I've wondered that before. It is certainly the repo that comes > up first in google searches. Consultingwerk takes the Zip files from Progress KB - Where are the ADE - OpenEdge Development Tools Source Code Downloads? and puts them into github for better readability. There's not an official Progress one at this time.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.