[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Issues with PAS and network connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

That's not what I would have expected to hear. But it is very interesting. If you are going to spend a lot more time running Windows, please remember to disable antivirus and DEP (data execution prevention). Both of those will make Windows slower as compared to Linux, and may generate some strange errors as well! I suspect you will start hearing from others in this forum that you are doing something wrong in Linux. I think Progress customers use Linux more than Windows (probably ~50% Linux to ~35% Windows if I had to guess). Either way, if you get to the bottom of your problems, you may want to submit your findings to Progress tech support so that a KB can be written for the benefit of the Linux community. It sounds like you may be running into a configuration issue (Nagle's algorithm or autocorking preferences or similar). Although these would be related to TCP connectivity ... they don't impact your shared memory database connections in any way. If it helps, here is a recent link about someone running into performance issues on Linux. community.progress.com/.../59926 Again this was in relation to TCP client/server connection to the database. The configuration issue in this case wouldn't apply to you when using shared memory connections. But maybe it could impact PASOE/tomcat in some way? I don't know Linux very well so it is just a guess.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.