[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Issues with PAS and network connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gareth Vincent

We still haven't switched this particular customer back to PASOE even though we suspect it was their antivirus that was causing the issue. They are running ESET antivirus software and it seems that when "Enable HTTP protocol checking" is enabled it causes random disconnects from the client which we suspect was causing corruptions on the PASOE sessions. We were able to reproduce the sudden disconnects by installing a version of their antivirus but we have not been able to reproduce the "corruption" on the sessions. Since they have been running on classic they have reported that the performance is much better. I need to resolve performance issue before I consider moving them back. I've run some closed system testing and I can see first hand the difference from switching from classic to pasoe. The round trip for each request is noticeably faster when working on a classic model vs PASOE. When I have a gap I will try and post a video of exactly what I mean. All our clients connect via Webclient and the "HTTP sessions" is enabled as per default. When I read your response you had me thinking that it might be the version of webclient we are running. As we are running Webclient 11.5 I decided to test with Webclient 11.7 but unfortunately I"m seeing exactly the same response times when performing some basic application tests.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.