[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Issues with PAS and network connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gareth Vincent

Hi dbeavon Just to clarify, the PASOE and OE database is hosted on the same Linux server (shared memory connection). The users are connecting over a WAN connection to our Data center. Unfortunately, we have been forced to move the customer back onto the classic appserver until we can get this resolved. As soon as I can get my account to work, I will be logging a ticket with Progress support. After moving this client back onto the classic appserver there has been a noticeable performance increase. This is also clearly apparent on the average CPU load as it as dropped considerably since moving them. With just over 200 user connections we configured the classic appserver with min and max agents set to 14. I could even down scale this to 5 agents and it would still be more than enough to process user requests. When moving over to PASOE I used the following parameters maxABLSessionsPerAgent=200 maxAgents=2 maxConnectionsPerAgent=10 numInitialAgents=2 numInitialSessions=8

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.