[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: How to make image URLs relative with custom provider?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

craig.holdheide

Hello cmsdev, Before I answer the two questions at the bottom of your post, I am curious why you prefer to have a relative source path to your images? Just trying to understand what the value of doing this would be. Sitefinity uses something called a virtual path provider, which is a fancy way of saying if I go to the URL that starts with /images/ I can pull images from an alternate source. In the case of Sitefinity, it will store images in the database by default. To answer your questions... 1. How do I reference the Telerik.* dlls in my project. I did not find nugets for them. Do I need to install/use the Sitefinity Project Manager to create my projects? A: I would take a look at Sitefinity's public NuGet repository. You can add this nuget feed to visual studio and you should be able to find the Telerik assemblies you need. 2. Once I create and compile my dll, how do I deploy it to my server? The server is hosted elsewhere and I do not have access to the machine to "publish" a build. However, I notice in the administrator interface, there is a file manager. Can I use the file manager to upload to the /bin folder? A: You can do this, but I typically would not recommend it. BUT, if you are going to do this I would do the following... Deploying Assemblies using Sitefinity File Manager Download and backup any assemblies you intend to overwrite Upload the new Assemblies Edit the web.config (add a space to the end of the file and this will cause the website to restart and load the updated DLLs into memory) Hope this helps. Craig

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.