[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: How can I explain for business the difference between the classic AppServer and the new

• Thread starter Thomas Mercer-Hursh
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thomas Mercer-Hursh

There is not trade-in at full price for PASOE, you get a discount. What exactly are you saying here. My experience is that one gets 100% credit for what one paid for the product, whether that is more or less than the cost of the new product. And yes, I am sympathetic that when there is a version change that meaningfully changes how the application should be written and structured that this introduces a significant amount of work. Having started with version 2, I have been through quite a number of those, ones that dwarf the change of this transition. The alternative is to not improve. Progress has been very clear since the introduction of PASOE that it was the future and Classic was supported only because they try to reduce the pain. It is clear that, if they thought they could make Classic good enough, they would never have bothered to make PASOE. In other words, you should have been starting the transition to PASOE as soon as it became available since it was clear that it, not Classic, was the future. Had you done so, you wouldn't be facing a big transition now, instead you would be ready to make the move to 12 and gain the benefits thereof.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.