[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: High CPU consumption after client update (11.7.4) connected with a database/appserver (

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

weberj

Thanks for your response. To your first question: We only updated the OpenEdge Graphical client and no others. To the 4GL-Trace idea: I have no access to the source code of the appserver routines. The software we are talking about is an external developed ERP-System. I think the capture of the 4GL Trace has to be implemented in the appserver routine, right? By the way... The vendor of the ERP-System suggested to update the clients first and after this the database server. Obviously not the best suggestion. I also opened a support case at the vendors tech service. But, regarding to my experience, we don't get an qualified answer, to solve the problem. So, I created this post. Netherless, officially the constellation of different client/server versions is supported (as I wrote in my initial post). But maybe you are right that progress never tested this in special. Fact is, we learned our lesson. Anyway, what I can try is, to increase the logging level of the appservers. Maybe I get more informations in the log files. At the weekend I will restart the database server. Hoping this lowers the CPU consumption. Regarding to the pre-production test: Yes, we had a pre-production test, with around twenty client connections. In this test scenario we recognized no problems with the CPU consumption. We are talking about 400 client connections in our productive environment. Our plan is to migrate the database server in three weeks and, as you said, we can deal with this problem till then. But if someone has an idea what this problem causes or what a possible solution could be, I' m pleased to hear it. Best regards

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.