[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Getting build errors after upgrading my sitefinity site to 12.x

• Thread starter gauntt@upenn.edu
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gauntt@upenn.edu

Did you do the upgrade from 10 to 12 using the NuGet packages? When you are connected to the SItefinity NuGet source, you will see both of these: Telerik.Sitefinity.All Progress.Sitefinity I have discovered you really need to use the Telerik.Sitefinity.All to do a full version update. If you did the Progress one, try going back and do the Telerik one. Apart from that, it is strange that the references you are getting are to version 10.2. Something is not getting updated. Did you have any binding redirects in your web.config already? I actually have made it part of my update procedure to cut all of those out and paste them into a text document. Then I run and double-click the error message and say OK to Visual Studio auto-creating all the binding redirects it needs. You might need to copy some back in so keep the text you cut out for reference. Did you change the .net runtime on your project? You might need to delete everything out of the "Packages" folder and then open the Package Manager console window and run: Update-Package -reinstall That will ensure that the correct version of every package is used based on the .net runtime. Sitefinity 12.2 requires 4.7.2. ALso, make sure you have edited the properties of the main project to target .net 4.7.2. Before you run the console command, you can also manually do a find and replace in the Packages.config on all the "targetFramework" values to make sure every line is indicating "472", like this line: That's all I can think of.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.