[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Garbage collection for the sake of static temp-tables (in long-running _progres)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

I don't mean to pester but it would be really helpful to know how these "circular references" affect long-lived ABL sessions in PASOE. Will the so-called "forced" GC be able to clean up the circular references during appserver's deactivate? Or would I be left with an AVM memory leak on that side of things as well? Assuming the worst case scenario where ABL sessions in PASOE also leak static temp-tables ... I believe that I already have an effective "memory collection strategy" of my own in place. I enumerate and trim all inactive ABL sessions for all PASOE applications after every hour. Is this strategy sufficient to release the so-called "circular references"? (IE. I'm assuming that even though they are "circular", these memory references are all contained within the context of the ABL session. And I'm assuming that trimming the ABL session as a *whole* will finally set the memory free. The "memory collection strategy" was intended for precisely this type of situation. I'm optimistic that will do the trick!)

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.