[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Feature -catchstop 1 is a tech preview in 11.7.x ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

I am a bit surprised by the class hierarchy of some of these classes (eg. Progress.Lang.LockConflict, and Progress.Lang.Stop). ... Some of them don't seem to derive from Progress.Lang.ProError, nor implement the interface Progess.Lang.Error (which is so common that it is even implemented by exceptions from the CLR bridge). I tried catching it as Progress.Lang.Error and it didn't work. But I can catch LockConflict explicitly. Also it took a while for me to pick up on it but I see that there are TWO different Stop errors - for "system" stops vs "supported-abl-feature" stops. (ie. Progress.Lang.StopError and Progress.Lang.Stop respectively). That is going to be a bit confusing. Also, the one for "supported-abl-feature" is the one that I would have thought should implement the generic Progress.Lang.Error. (So that they would be caught by some of our existing/generic CATCH statements). I will play around a bit and hopefully it will eventually make more sense. Here is the link to the CATCH documentation with the description of the two different STOP errors: documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.