[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Re: Database Backups Crashing On...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

It seems to me that if the "-B2" option is an uncommon thing for OE customers to use (or for Progress to test when releasing service packs) then this "-Bp" is probably even more uncommon. We'd like to be using the product in a mainstream way so that we don't bump into problems before everyone else. It was very surprising that we ran into this, and ran into it as quickly as we did. OE 11.6.3 has been available since September but perhaps there aren't many who have tried using it yet. (And/or they aren't using the B2 option). Is "-Bp" something that most OE dba's should be familiar with? It appears to be a client session parameter, and I'm guessing that most dba's overlook those when performing database administration tasks like serving databases, or performing backups. (In order to use the product in a more mainstream fashion, I would just as soon stop using "B2" and just use "B" ... at least until the 11.6.4 service pack).

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.