[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Configuring -mmax on PASOE

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

Thanks, This is helpful. I wasn't able to find much prior discussion in my googling. According to the docs the mmax is used for pre-allocation of space ("initial amount of memory allocated for r-code segments, in kilobytes.") From : documentation.progress.com/.../index.html Given the pre-allocation of this memory, I think that the configuration of it has very high stakes where PASOE is concerned. That means that if you go too high with mmax, then the amount of wasted memory will be multiplied by the number of ABL sessions that are hosted in the msagent. At least that is my understanding - I will be doing more testing... It would be really nice if there was a way for all the ABL sessions in an msagent process to share r-code. I suppose that is harder than it sounds - and there would need to by a lot of synchronization and potential blocking issues that we don't otherwise have to deal with ... Maybe they just need an additional "PROCESS-level" r-code cache that would prevent any given session from having to go back to disk, and prevent a session from using its own personal rcd* files for swapping.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.