[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: Problems with running assemblies (Ionic.Zip or SharpZipLib) - 10.2b

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarkT

Hi All, I am on OpenEdge 10.2b and trying to make use of some .net dlls - Ionic.Zip specifically but I have also tried SharpZip. I copy the dlls into my control directory - then add the referenced assemblies to the project by clicking properties on the project -> openedge ->assemblies and Add (then I browse for the files using the local assemblies tab). This adds an assemblies.xml file into my control directory with the following: I'm then able to write some code against them and it all works fine: USING Ionic.Zip.ZipFile. DEFINE VARIABLE class1 AS CLASS ZipFile. class1 = NEW ZipFile("c:\temp\ionictest.zip"). class1:AddDirectory("C:\Temp\TestDir"). class1:Save(). Then I move on to making use of this within a local copy of our application - which again works fine and does what is expected. However, when I try and make use of this on our QA system after copying the dlls and assemblies.xml files into their control directory I keep getting a security error: "System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed." If I open a procedure editor on that system and try and syntax check the code it all seems fine - however running the code within the application just doesn't seem to work. Are the assemblies in the wrong place? Have I missed out a step? The dlls are not being blocked - I have checked the properties of them. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Mark

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.