[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: OpenEdge 11.7.5 on CentOS 8.x and RHEL 8.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rob Fitzpatrick

A client recently asked whether we support deployment on CentOS 8.x. They are planning an upgrade to 11.7.5. My typical response is that we support what Progress supports. So I looked more closely at the current state of information about OpenEdge platform support for RHEL and CentOS 7.x and 8.x. The information I found in the PAG and KB was, in a word, inconsistent. Depending on which articles you read, or which *pages* of the PAG you read, RHEL 8.x may be supported (on 11.7.5+), or not. I have summarized what I found in the attached document. Takeaways: The 11.x PAG, which should be the most definitive and up-to-date reference on platform support, is inconsistent (see pages 4 and 22). Several KBs exist on Linux platform support and they are out of date. If this information is going to be provided in KBs, perhaps there needs to be a mechanism to either stale-date these articles (e.g. say that they are not to be relied upon after some future date) or revisit them to update their content. Some of the language in the current (Sept 5 2019) 11.x PAG related to Linux is out of date. It refers to future certifications on RHEL 6.5 and 6.6 (page 22). Questions: Will OE 11.7.5+ be certified on CentOS 8.x? It is not listed in the PAG under "Upcoming OpenEdge Certifications". If so, when should we expect this to be completed? (Please visit the site to view this file)

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.