[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Openedge 11.2 Appbuilder Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rayherring

Trying to install Progress Developer Studio OE 11.2 onto my new laptop (running Win10 - I have 2 other Win10 devices with PDSOE 11.2 which work 100% but one of those is an older laptop that is dying). I can install PDSOE 11.2 32bit just fine, however when I go to run the AppBuilder (my shortcut on the desktop has 'Target: C:\Progress\OpenEdge\bin\prowin32.exe -p _ab.p -pf config/dev.pf' and 'Start In: C:\webdev') it comes up with a message about not being able to find PROMSGS. I have checked both other devices and none of them have registry entries for PROMSGS or environment variables, etc... and their shortcuts are set up exactly the same. If I create an environment variable PROMSGS pointing to c:\Progress\OpenEdge\promsgs and restart the computer, the AppBuilder shortcut them complains about "Unable to open parameter file /usr/dlc\startup.pf". I'm pretty much at a loss as to what I am doing wrong here, as said, this exact same set up works just fine and dandy on 2 other devices. Also, i'm stuck with AppBuilder, I need it for ps:escript and the AppBuilder is set up in remote mode to access all the .p files from the server.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.