[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: Managing OE Logger framework's output

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Akshay Guleria

I'm replacing LOG-MANAGER logger with OE Logger in an application. The main reason for doing this is 1. Cleaner and focused logs since we will log only what we need. 2. Providing access to logs via a standard . Ideally, we want to have separate log file for each process since that's how it has been while we were using LOG-MANAGER logger. And we really do not want to define a default logger as everything gets mixed up into one log. Issues I face 1. Redirecting all logs to configured log file (in logging.config). Classes which build the Logger object with known name are ok since they know to which file to log to but the classes which comes with OE installation create the Logger object with their own class reference `this-object:Logger = LoggerBuilder:GetLogger(this-object:GetClass())`. So these logs will either go to default logger (if defined) or it will go to gutter/sink, basically not logged. Is it possible at all to capture all the logs into - 1 defined log file - with OE Logger framework - no matter how the Logger object is created? I have my doubt for technical reasons but since I don't know the framework in and out, I'm still hopeful. :) 2. Is it possible to log the creation and deletion of dynamic objects with OE Logger? Like it is done with LOG-MANAGER:LOG-ENTRY-TYPES.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.