[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: How can I explain for business the difference between the classic AppServer and the new PAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

victorche

Hello, there! I have a task to explain to the Business why we should spend extra money on new PASOE licenses if we already have a classic application server. They are not interested in technical details, they ask, and I should be ready to answer: Why should they pay extra for updates to PASOE from the classic AppServer if they already pay for technical support and updates every year? What are the main advantages of PASOE for Business if it will run THE same application? How much money will they make from this? (I have no idea how to count it). Was there an official message from Progress Software somewhere that the classic server is outdated in v12, and the new PASOE server needs to be paid more money? How did you answer these questions to your business? And what other questions did the Business ask you about this? I will be grateful for any really useful information. --Victor

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.