[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: Does PASOE have an idle ABL session timeout?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

Does PASOE have an idle *ABL* session timeout? Unfortunately the OEE timeout settings for PASOE (under "performance tuning and limits") are still confusing in OE 11.7.4 and the documentation is still very vague. I should probably know by now. But can someone tell me if I can set an idle *ABL* session timeout? I would expect the only possible way that an *ABL* session might be timed-out is by playing with the "idle resource timeout" and "idle session timeout". I thought I would ask the question here (before spending a day at trial-and-error). In the OEE console, the timeouts are quite confusing. The idle "session" timeout in particular seems like it should have a lot more explanation. "Session" is a word that has a large number of meanings within the context of PASOE (and clients of pasoe). I think there are at least four that I can think of off the top of my head (client-side sessions in the openclient, HTTP sessions, session-manager sessions, and ABL sessions). Labeling something as an "idle session timeout" in OEE is about as helpful as if it was called an "idle smurf timeout". That's my $0.02.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.