[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Can I Export Matrix To Excel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emmablisa

I wish to write to Excel on my PC a "big" matrix of p rows and c columns, e.g. 3,000 rows and 20 columns. But it's not easy, and I'm wondering if I can simplify it by using a fixed number for rows and columns instead of: array mat {&periods,&columns}; Right now, I'm on the free version of SAS called " SAS University Edition", which has only community help. I would like to output it to Excel, but using VMWARE on a PC to get SAS Studio to run, you can't write directly to disk (although there is a myfolder). I tried this, but got this error log: proc export data=WORK.CPAPMONTE1 file= "/folders/myfolders/outfile1.xlsx" DBMS=xlsx ; run; ERROR: XLSX file can not be created -> /folders/myfolders//outfile1.xlsx. Make sure the path name is correct and that you have write permission. ERROR: Too many variables for the output file I figure that the 2nd error is just due to the first error, which has a // instead of a / I have defined a special folder for my data in SAS University Edition as: /folders/myfolders/CPAP1 but I haven't figured out how to point to there.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.