Programmer/Instructor in San Francisco Bay area

cherylpoon

I am seeking a position as either a Programmer or Instructor or a combination of the two. I have gained extensive in-depth knowledge of the Progress development environment as a Technical Instructor for Progress for ten years. I also have previous programming experience using SQL with Oracle. My focus in Progress has been with the 4GL, GUI development, SmartObjects, and Webspeed. I have worked with Progress versions 6, 7, 8, and 9. I live in the San Francisco Bay area and would not want to relocate. Please see my resume for additional skills and work history. It is included at the end of this message.

Thank you,

Cheryl Poon

CHERYL POON
98 Roberta Avenue
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Email: cherylpoon@earthlink.net
Phone: (925) 947-6790

EDUCATION:
1982-1986 Merrimack College North Andover, MA
Bachelor of Science – Computer Science

SKILLS:
Progress 4GL, Graphical Application and Web Application Tools, Event-Driven Programming,
SQL, Oracle, Excellent communication skills

WORK EXPERIENCE:

Technical Instructor
Progress Software
August 1993 – July 2003

Responsibilities:
* Taught all levels of courses for all current versions of Progress
* Assisted course developers in writing of courses
* Maintained regional training facility

Accomplishments:
* Extensive knowledge of Progress 4GL, Relational Database, and Development Tools
* Excellent communication skills and student rapport
* Consistently high evaluations from students
* Taught over twenty different technical courses
* Taught initial pilots of new courses
* Taught Workshop at annual Users’ Conference

Programmer Analyst
Bull
March 1989-August 1993

Worked on a development team to create a manufacturing forecasting system using Oracle
in a UNIX environment; Development included user interaction and creation of specifications,
forms, reports, table structures, and SQL processes. Also responsible for maintenance of
manufacturing systems in COBOL using the IDS-II database language in a GCOS8 environment;
Maintenance included user interaction, resolving batch processing problems, modifications to
programs, transactions, and JCL’s.

Marketing Support Representative
Honeywell Bull
May 1986-March 1989

Analyzed current installed base using Oracle Relational Database and maintained library of
industry journals. Responsibilities included creating reports, analyzing data, maintenance
of database, and organizing and retrieving information from industry journals.

REFERENCES:
Furnished upon request.